What to do at the accident scene:
- Stop! Call 911 to report the accident and follow their instructions.
- Do not leave the scene. If your car is creating a safety hazard, or you’re concerned with your personal safety, move to a safer place.
- Check for Injuries. Life and health are more important than damage to vehicles.
- Note specific damage to all vehicles.
- Write down accident information including names, addresses, & license numbers of persons involved and the description(s) of the other vehicle(s).
- Exchange vehicle and insurance information with the other party(ies) to the accident.
- Write down witness information. This assists in verifying how the accident actually happened.
- Do not sign any document unless it is requested by the police or your insurance company.
The proper steps to take after a collision:
- Contact your insurance company or insurance agent immediately after the accident.
- Call Community Auto Body, Inc. if your vehicle is not drivable to arrange towing, or contact Golf & Busse Towing after hours. Towing assistance is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays. If your vehicle has already been towed to a storage lot, minimize storage charges by moving your vehicle to Community Auto Body, Inc. as soon as possible. We have a 24/7 Drop Key Box.
- Remember that at Community Auto Body, Inc. we will be happy to provide you with an estimate for your insurance company.
- If your insurance will be writing the estimate, your claim will be assigned an adjuster that will review the damage to your vehicle onsite at Community Auto Body, Inc. Make sure to know your claim number.
- When you authorize Community Auto Body, Inc. to repair your vehicle by signing a work authorization, we will communicate with your insurance company on your behalf to ensure proper repairs and payment.
- We will explain the repair process to you before we begin, and encourage your questions.
- Allow Community Auto Body, Inc. to make the arrangements for a loaner car or a rental vehicle. Your transportation needs during the repair process are important to us.
- We want you to be completely satisfied with the repairs to your vehicle. Community Auto Body will provide a 100% lifetime warranty on the repairs to your vehicle, for as long as you own it.